Thursday, February 08, 2007

Your call is important to us ...


Is that really true? I mean, couldn't you hire just a few more customer service representatives? 'Cause then I might feel like my call really was important. Instead, I feel like I'm being fed a line. And that irritates me. Maybe I'm too hung up on words. I mean, maybe it's just semantics.

Ok, I'm going to cut the sarcasm. Truth is, I think that notwithstanding certain rather specific situations and all things being equal (which of course they never really are) people and corporations should be as honest as possible. It seems to me that this is a rather rich blogging vein. I could probably have a whole blog devoted to the subject. There probably already are several blogs devoted to the subject!

Update 10Feb2007: Another line that really bugs me:
Please be patient as we are experiencing an unusually large call volume ...
Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I don't like is the guilt-inducing, "we're busy helping other callers right now." As if you're being selfish for being impatient at being kept on hold interminably. I do like the ones that say what the wait time is, so I can decide whether to hold on or hang up.

12:58 PM, February 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home