Friday, February 09, 2007

Pet peeves (continued): non-intuitive ballpoint pen caps

Some time ago I blogged about some of my pet peeves. There's something very therapeutic about actually writing down the things that bug you, and exactly what it is about them that is so maddening. Well, whaddaya know: I have a few more. Starting with ballpoint pens with caps whose colour doesn't match their ink.

As an aside, I wasn't sure how to spell whaddaya, and neither of the two spellcheckers I tried allowed that it is in fact a widely used word. But Google knew better: whadaya (with one d) gives 55,700 hits. But "did you mean: whaddaya?" Well — yes, because whaddaya (with two d's) gives 466,000 hits. Yay Google!
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Anonymous Brenda said...

I spell it "what'dya", and for the CD's I lent you on the Spanish Train one my favourite song is "The Painter" - it's funny :)

9:44 PM, February 09, 2007  
Blogger Nick Barrowman said...

Ok, the cat's out of the bag: I may not be a hardcore Chris de Burgh fan, but I do quite like some of his stuff ("The Lady in Red" excluded).

10:59 PM, February 09, 2007  
Blogger David said...

I'm trying to reconcile this Chris de Burgh revalation to the passionate Prince tribute you gave yesterday...

10:48 AM, February 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home