1. Elyas R, Guerra LA, Pike J, DeCarli C, Betolli M, Bass J, Chou S, Sweeney B, Rubin S, Barrowman N, Moher D, Leonard M. Fowler-Stephens Orchiopexy: Is Staging Beneficial? A Systematic Review.
The Journal of Urology 2010.
2. Sun X, Lemyre B, Barrowman N, O'Connor M. Pain management during eye examinations for retinopathy of prematurity in preterm infants: a systematic review
. Acta Paediatr. 2010 Mar;99(3):329-34.
3. Carter MT, Barrowman NJ, St Pierre SA, Emanuel BS, Boycott KM. Risk of breast cancer not increased in translocation 11;22 carriers: analysis of 80 pedigrees
. Am J Med Genet A. 2010 Jan;152A(1):212-4.
4. Kovesi T, Zaloum C, Stocco C, Fugler D, Dales RE, Ni A, Barrowman N, Gilbert NL, Miller JD. Heat recovery ventilators prevent respiratory disorders in Inuit children
. Indoor Air 2009; 19:489 – 499.
5. Eipe N, Barrowman N, Writer H, Doherty D. A weight-based formula for tracheal tube size in children
. Paediatr Anaesth. 2009. Apr;19(4):343-8.
6. Goldfarb DM, Slinger R, Tam RK, Barrowman N, Chan F. Assessment of Flocked Swabs for the Identification of Streptococcal Pharyngitis. J
Clin Microbiol. 2009 Sep;47(9):3029-30.
7. Feber J, Spatenka J, Seeman T, Matoušovic K, Zeman L, Dušek J, Morávek J, Janda J, Barrowman NJ, Guerra L, Leonard M. Urinary tract infections in pediatric renal transplant recipients - a two center risk factors study
. Pediatr Transplant. 2009 Nov;13(7):881-6.
8. Guerra LA, Moher D, Sampson M, Barrowman N, Pike J, Leonard M. Intravesical oxybutynin for children with poorly compliant neurogenic bladder: a systematic review
. J Urol 2008; 180 (3): 1091-7.
9. Gow RM, Barrowman NJ, Lai L, Moher D. A review of five cardiology journals found that observer variability of measured variables was infrequently reported.
J Clin Epidemiol 2008; 61 (4): 394-401.
10. O'Donnell S, Cranney A, Horsley T, Weiler HA, Atkinson SA, Hanley DA, et al. Efficacy of food fortification on serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations: systematic review.
Am J Clin Nutr 2008; 88 (6): 1528-34.
11. Banks BA, BarrowmanNJ, Klaassen R. Health-related quality of life: changes in children undergoing chemotherapy.
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 2008; 30 (4): 292-7.
12. Buchholz A, Mack H, McVey G, Feder S, Barrowman N. BodySense: an evaluation of a positive body image intervention on sport climate for female athletes
. Eat Disord 2008; 16 (4): 308-21.
13. David Moher, Alexander Tsertsvadze, Andrea C. Tricco, Martin Eccles, Jeremy Grimshaw, Margaret Sampson, Nick Barrowman. A systematic review identified few methods and strategies describing when and how to update systematic reviews
. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology 60 (2007) 1095--1104.
14. Benchimol EI, Ward LM, Gallagher JC, Rauch F, Barrowman N, Warren J, et al. Effect of calcium and vitamin D supplementation on bone mineral density in children with inflammatory bowel disease
. J Pediatr Gastroenterol
Nutr 2007; 45 (5): 538-45.
15. Humphreys P, Deonandan R, Whiting S, Barrowman N, Matzinger MA, Briggs V, et al. Factors associated with epilepsy in children with periventricular leukomalacia
. J Child Neurol 2007 May;22(5):598-605.
16. Rostom A, Dube C, Lewin G, Tsertsvadze A, Barrowman N, Code C, et al. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors for primary prevention of colorectal cancer: a systematic review prepared for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force
. Ann Intern Med 2007 Mar 6;146(5):376-89.
17. Dube C, Rostom A, Lewin G, Tsertsvadze A, Barrowman N, Code C, et al. The use of aspirin for primary prevention of colorectal cancer: a systematic review prepared for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force
. Ann Intern Med 2007 Mar 6;146(5):365-75.
18. Horsley T, Clifford T, Barrowman N, Bennett S, Yazdi F, Sampson M, et al. Benefits and harms associated with the practice of bed sharing: a systematic review
. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2007 Mar;161(3):237-45.
19. Thiessen PH, Barrowman N, Garg AX.Imputing variance estimates do not alter the conclusions of a meta-analysis with continuous outcomes: a case study of changes in renal function after living kidney donation
. J Clin Epidemiol 2007 Mar;60(3):228-40.
20. Sampson M, Zhang L, Morrison A, Barrowman NJ, Clifford TJ, Platt RW, et al. An alternative to the hand searching gold standard: validating
methodological search filters using relative recall. BMC Med Res Methodol 2006;6:33.
21. Guerra LA, Pike J, Milks J, Barrowman N, Leonard M. Outcome in patients who underwent tethered cord release for occult spinal dysraphism. J Urol 2006 Oct;176(4 Pt 2):1729-32.
22. Sampson M, Barrowman NJ, Moher D, Clifford TJ, Platt RW, Morrison A, et al. Can electronic search engines optimize screening of search results in systematic reviews: an empirical study. BMC Med Res Methodol 2006;6:7.
23. Wiebe N, Vandermeer B, Platt RW, Klassen TP, Moher D, Barrowman NJ. A systematic review identifies a lack of standardization in methods for handling missing variance data. J Clin Epidemiol 2006 Apr;59(4):342-53.
24. Deforge D, Blackmer J, Garritty C, Yazdi F, Cronin V, Barrowman N, et al. Fertility following spinal cord injury: a systematic review. Spinal Cord 2005 Dec;43(12):693-703.
25. Deforge D, Blackmer J, Garritty C, Yazdi F, Cronin V, Barrowman N, et al. Male erectile dysfunction following spinal cord injury: a systematic review. Spinal Cord 2005 Nov 29.
26. Suri RS, Clark WF, Barrowman N, Mahon JL, Thiessen-Philbrook HR, Rosas-Arellano MP et al. Diabetes during diarrhea-associated hemolytic uremic syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Diabetes Care 2005; 28(10):2556-2562.
27. Bailey KA, Bass J, Rubin S, Barrowman N. Empyema management: twelve years' experience since the introduction of video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 2005; 15(3):338-341.
28. King WJ, LeBlanc JC, BarrowmanNJ, Klassen TP, Bernard-Bonnin AC, Robitaille Y et al. Long term effects of a home visit to prevent childhood injury: three year follow up of a randomized trial. Inj Prev 2005; 11(2):106-109.
29. Montour-Proulx I, Kuehn SM, Keene DL, BarrowmanNJ, Hsu E, Matzinger MA et al. Cognitive changes in children treated for acute lymphoblastic leukemia with chemotherapy only according to the Pediatric Oncology Group 9605 protocol. J Child Neurol 2005; 20(2):129-133.
30. Sampson M, Barrowman NJ, Moher D, Klassen TP, Pham B, Platt R et al. Should meta-analysts search Embase in addition to Medline? J Clin Epidemiol 2003; 56:943-955.
31. Barrowman NJ, Fang M, Sampson M, Moher D. Identifying null meta-analyses that are ripe for updating. BMC Med Res Methodol 2003; 3(1):13.
32. Le Saux N, Barrowman NJ, Moore DL, Whiting S, Scheifele D, Halperin S et al. Decrease in Hospital Admissions for Febrile Seizures and Reports of Hypotonic-Hyporesponsive Episodes Presenting to Hospital Emergency Departments Since Switching to Acellular Pertussis Vaccine in Canada: A Report From IMPACT. Pediatrics 2003; 112(5):e348.
33. Garg AX, Suri R, Barrowman N, Rehman F, Matsell D, Rosas-Arellano MP et al. Long-term renal prognosis of diarrhea-associated hemolytic
uremic syndrome: a systematic review, meta-analysis, and meta-regression. JAMA 2003; 290(10):1360-1370.
34. Barrowman NJ, Myers RA. Raindrop Plots: A New Way to Display Collections of Likelihoods and Distributions. The American Statistician 2003; 57(4):268-274.
35. Barrowman NJ, Myers RA, Hilborn R, Kehler DG, Field CA. The Variability among Populations of Coho Salmon in the Maximum Reproductive Rate and Depensation. Ecological Applications 2003; 13(3):784-793.
36. Clifford TJ, BarrowmanNJ, Moher D. Funding source, trial outcome and reporting quality: are they related? Results of a pilot study. BMC Health Serv Res 2002; 2(1):18.
37. Le Saux N, Howard A, Barrowman NJ, Gaboury I, Sampson M, Moher D. Shorter courses of parenteral antibiotic therapy do not appear to
influence response rates for children with acute hematogenous osteomyelitis: a systematic review. BMC Infect Dis 2002; 2(1):16.
38. Barrowman NJ. Missing the point (estimate)? Confidence intervals for the number needed to treat. CMAJ 2002; 166(13):1676-1677.
39. Myers RA, Barrowman NJ, Hilborn R, Kehler DG. Inferring Bayesian priors with limited direct data: Applications to risk analysis. North American Journal of Fisheries Management 2002; 22(1):351-364.
40. Gerwin D, Barrowman NJ. An evaluation of research on Integrated Product Development. Management Science 2002; 48(7):938-953.
41. Redstone HA, Barrowman N, Veldhuyzen Van Zanten SJ. H2-receptor antagonists in the treatment of functional (nonulcer) dyspepsia: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled clinical trials. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2001; 15(9):1291-1299.
42. Neilipovitz DT, Murto K, Hall L, Barrowman NJ, Splinter WM. A randomized trial of tranexamic acid to reduce blood transfusion for scoliosis surgery. Anesth Analg 2001; 93(1):82-87.
43. Myers RA, MacKenzie BR, Bowen KG, Barrowman NJ. What is the carrying capacity for fish in the ocean? A meta- analysis of population dynamics of North Atlantic cod. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 2001; 58(7):1464-1476.
44. Barrowman NJ, Myers RA. Still more spawner-recruitment curves: The hockey stick and its generalizations. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 2000; 57:665-676.
45. Myers RA, Bowen KG, Barrowman NJ. Maximum reproductive rate of fish at low population sizes. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 1999; 56:2404-2419.
46. Hoenig JM, BarrowmanNJ, Hearn WS, Pollock KH. Multiyear tagging studies incorporating fishing effort data. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 1998; 55(6):1466-1476.
47. Hoenig JM, BarrowmanNJ, Pollock KH, Brooks EN, Hearn WS, Polacheck T. Models for tagging data that allow for incomplete mixing of newly tagged animals. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 1998; 55(6):1477-1483.
48. Myers RA, Hutchings JA, Barrowman NJ. Why do fish stocks collapse? The example of cod in Atlantic Canada. Ecological Applications 1997; 7(1):91-106.
49. Barrowman NJ, Myers RA. Estimating tag-shedding rates for experiments with multiple tag types. Biometrics 1996; 52(4):1410-1416.
50. Myers RA, Barrowman NJ. Is fish recruitment related to spawner abundance? Fishery Bulletin 1996; 94(4):707-724.
51. Myers RA, Hutchings JA, Barrowman NJ. Hypotheses for the decline of cod in the North Atlantic. Marine Ecology-Progress Series 1996; 138(1-3):293-308.
52. Myers RA, Barrowman NJ, Hoenig JM, Qu Z. The collapse of cod in Eastern Canada: The evidence from tagging data. ICES Journal of Marine Science 1996; 53(3):629-640.
53. Myers RA, Barrowman NJ. Time-series bias in the estimation of density-dependent mortality in stock-recruitment models. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 1995; 52(1):223-232.
54. Myers RA, Barrowman NJ, Thompson KR. Synchrony of recruitment across the north-atlantic - an update - (or, now you see it, now you don't). ICES Journal of Marine Science 1995; 52(1):103-110.
55. Myers RA, Mertz G, Barrowman NJ. Spatial scales of variability in cod recruitment in the north-atlantic. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 1995; 52(9):1849-1862.
56. Myers RA, Barrowman NJ, Hutchings JA, Rosenberg AA. Population-dynamics of exploited fish stocks at low population-levels. Science 1995; 269(5227):1106-1108.
57. Myers RA, Rosenberg AA, Mace PM, Barrowman N, Restrepo VR. In search of thresholds for recruitment overfishing. Ices Journal of Marine Science 1994; 51(2):191-205.
58. Myers RA, Drinkwater KF, Barrowman NJ, Baird JW. Salinity and recruitment of atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) in the Newfoundland region. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 1993; 50(8):1599-1609.